Sporting Bengal United bounce back at Sawbridgeworth
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Sawbridgeworth Town 2 Sporting Bengal United 3
Sporting Bengal United bounced back to winning ways in the Essex Senior League with a late 3-2 victory over Sawbridgeworth Town.
Goals from Ashaan Siddik, Tino Tarawari, and Ali Jalo sealed the three points for the Mile End Stadium to push them back up to middle table at Crofters End - despite a strong fight from the Robins.
Long-serving Bengal man Siddik put the visitors ahead after a great ball in from Codey Cameron before a bullet header from Connor McQuillan levelled the score just before the half-time break.
Imrul Gazi's men then netted from a scramble in front of goal thanks to Tino Tarawari but the lead once again didn't last long as the Robins soon drew level through Collins Atubrah.
You may also want to watch:
Creative midfielder Steven Carvell then switched the ball to Ali Jalo who wriggled free from the hosts backline to fire a shot home and seal a late 3-2 win.
Tanvir Ahmed said: "Made it hard for us, but we'll take the three points and move on." ??
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 5 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 6 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 7 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'