Sporting Bengal slump in basement battle
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Bengal 1 Haringey & Waltham 2
Sporting Bengal fell to another Essex Senior League defeat against fellow strugglers Haringey & Waltham at Mile End Stadium at the weekend.
Imrul Gazi’s men were hoping to end a 10-match winless streak against the north Londoners, and included the returning Jordan Meikle on their bench, but the visitors took the lead in a poor first half with their only chance of note.
Haringey doubled their advantage before Bobby Redwood replied for the home side, but it proved only a consolation for Bengal in their fifth successive defeat and they now find themselves three points adrift of Burnham at the foot of the table.
Bengal are due to visit in-form Redbridge at Oakside Stadium tomorrow (Tuesday) and have home matches against Hullbridge Sports and Wadham Lodge before the festive break.
You may also want to watch:
Sporting Bengal: Esprit, Adjei, Ahmed, Cameron, Garcia, Miah, Redwood, Tandon, Teladjati, Wheeler, Wright. Subs: Gonzalez, McIntosh, Meikle, Shah, Hussain.
*Tower Hamlets are set to welcome West Essex to Mile End Stadium tonight (Monday).
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
Ade Abayomi’s side were without a fixture at the weekend, while West Essex went down 5-1 at Redbridge on Friday evening.
And Hamlets will be looking to end a seven-match losing streak since their 4-4 draw with Basildon United on November 1.