Bengal roar on to make it 12 games unbeaten
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal United 2 Southend Manor 1
Sporting Bengal United made it 12 games unbeaten as they nabbed a 2-1 win against Southend Manor thanks to
17-year-old Adil Hasque nicking the winner.
Manor took an early lead but two goals from Zatash Ali and Hasque maintaned their unbeaten record last night at the Mile End Stadium.
After a Manor opener it took until the 85th minute for Bengal to equalise when Steven Carvell whipped a corner in that met the head of Ali who nodded it home.
You may also want to watch:
Haque then came off the bench to hit injury time winner to extent unbeaten run to 12 games.
Manager Imrul Gazi tweeted: “Possibly the best feeling I’ve had in football in a long time.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
“Winning like that is the best feeling. 16-year-old full-back Raul (Gazi) played a full 90 and we had 17-year-old Adil come off the bench and get the winner in the last minute.
“Special moment - I coached the two of them from when they were under-9s - I’m so proud.”
Bengal now have a break from action and will next play away to Hullbridge Sports on Saturday, November 24.