Bengal suffer defeat to leaders Stansted
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal United 0 Stansted 2
Sporting Bengal United are now winless in five Essex Senior League matches after falling to a 2-0 to league leaders Stansted.
Goals from Callum Ibe and James Peagram sealed the three points for the Airportmen at the Mile End Stadium.
In the 25th minute the visitors pulled off a good move before prolific goal scorer Ibe turned an effort into the net from close range to make it 1-0.
They headed into the break with the lead despite both side’s creating a few chances in the later stages of the first-half.
You may also want to watch:
Airportmen doubled their lead in the 67th minute as the former Ilford striker headed against the inside of the post, the ball rolled along the goal line, before tapped the rebound home.
Stansted manager Paul Pittuck said: “Sporting Bengal away is always a tough game especially midweek, windy conditions made it even harder than usual but fourth clean sheet on the bounce and we created plenty of chances, so good win tonight.”
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Mulberry tree campaigners to take council to High Court