Bengal held to a draw at Stanway Rovers
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Stanway Rovers 2 Sporting Bengal United 2
Sporting Bengal United had to settle for a share of the spoils after letting a two goal lead slip at the Hawthorns.
Hosts Stanway Rovers fought back from two goals down to earn a point at home to Sporting Bengal as they remain seventh in the Essex Senior League table.
The visitors took the lead from the spot through Kaleem Luther before doubling that lead when Steve Carvell set up Jason Ngandu to tuck home.
The hosts did pull one back when route one football worked and saw Scott Kemp finish well, before a good finish into the bottom corner by Tyler Kemp earned the Rovers a point.
You may also want to watch:
Bengal will welcome St Margaretsbury on Wednesday evening as they look to get back to winning ways before having a weekend off.
They then return to action at home to Stansted the following week.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning