Sporting Bengal have weekend off after FA Vase exit
- Credit: Archant
Imrul Gazi’s men have not played in the Essex Senior League since September 8
After a lengthy break from Essex Senior League action, Sporting Bengal United will play in the division once again on Wednesday (September 26).
Imrul Gazi’s men are without a game this weekend, but will entertain local side Woodford Town next week at the Mile End Stadium.
Bengal will be playing their first fixture in the league since September 8 after matches in the FA Vase and Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy recently.
Last time out, on Sunday, the east Londoners lost 3-2 in the second qualifying round of the Vase at Enfield Borough, despite goals from Kamarl Duncan and Yasir Rashid.
You may also want to watch:
It was a disappointing loss for Bengal, but Gazi said: “I have coached Adil Haque since he was nine, so it was a great moment to give him his senior debut as a 16-year-old.”
Days before the defeat away to Enfield Borough, the Mile End club had also lost 4-1 at Walthamstow in the first round of the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
Duncan netted the consolation goal for Bengal in that tie.