Sporting Bengal United pegged back by late Enfield equaliser
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Enfield 2 Sporting Bengal United 2
Sporting Bengal United march on as they make it three games unbeaten despite being pegged back by near rivals Enfield to share the spoils for a 2-2 draw.
Imral Gazi’s played their third game in a week and made it five from a possible nine to leave them 12th in the Essex Senior League after conceding a late equaliser at the Harlow Arena.
An early second-half brace from David Vaughan looked set to be enough to bag his side three points, but the hosts had other ideas and Luke Thomas clawed one back in the 75th minute, before they were awarded a penalty in the 87th minute.
Enfield’s John Bricknell stepped up and fired home from the spot to earn his side a point and put them 14th in the table.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Imrul Gazi tweeted: “Eventful night at Harlow Arena. I’m not going to comment on the refs display, mid week away, with limited numbers, I guess I’ll take a point.
“Good luck to Enfield FC and Matty Hanning for the season and thanks for the great hospitality gents.”
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'