Sporting Bengal United pegged back by late Enfield equaliser
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Enfield 2 Sporting Bengal United 2
Sporting Bengal United march on as they make it three games unbeaten despite being pegged back by near rivals Enfield to share the spoils for a 2-2 draw.
Imral Gazi’s played their third game in a week and made it five from a possible nine to leave them 12th in the Essex Senior League after conceding a late equaliser at the Harlow Arena.
An early second-half brace from David Vaughan looked set to be enough to bag his side three points, but the hosts had other ideas and Luke Thomas clawed one back in the 75th minute, before they were awarded a penalty in the 87th minute.
Enfield’s John Bricknell stepped up and fired home from the spot to earn his side a point and put them 14th in the table.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Imrul Gazi tweeted: “Eventful night at Harlow Arena. I’m not going to comment on the refs display, mid week away, with limited numbers, I guess I’ll take a point.
“Good luck to Enfield FC and Matty Hanning for the season and thanks for the great hospitality gents.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel