Sporting Bengal United nab draw against Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal United 1 Takeley 1
Sporting Bengal United failed to bounce back to winning ways but managed to nick a draw against fellow title chasers Takeley.
A late goal from Jay Knight cancelled out the visitors Mitchell Das opener to earn a point at the Mile End Stadium.
Das opened the scoring for Takeley early in the second-half after the two side’s held each other to a 0-0 draw in the first-half.
Knight then levelled the score with 15 minutes left in the match as he tucked home a rebound after a cross was deflected off the post to the striker.
You may also want to watch:
Bengal’s Codey Cameron then had a glorious chance to put his side in front but he blasted a header over the bar from a corner.
It was then Zatash Ali’s then to steer the ball wide from point blank range.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
Up the other end Takeley missed a great chance to nick the win as they fired a shot over from six yards.