Bengal seal win over West Essex
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal United 2 West Essex 1
The returning Steve Carvell set up Sporting Bengal’s winner as they defeated West Essex 2-1 at Mile End Stadium.
Goals from Charlie Gregory and Kamarl Duncan helped seal the three points for Imrul Gazi’s side.
Sporting took the lead ten minutes before the break thanks to a penalty from Charlie Gregory, but the returning Michael Mignot rifled one into the roof of the net two minutes after the break to bring West Essex level.
The hosts restored their lead just before the hour mark when Carvell crossed for skipper Kamarl Duncan to send a great header home, and it meant all the points went to the home side as they remain in seventh, whilst defeat for the visitors means they remain in 12th.
You may also want to watch:
Gazi tweeted after the match: “Tough game against a good West Essex team.
“Was good to see the lads dig in and hold out for all three points. Pleased to start 2019 with a win.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 4 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 9 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 10 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
Bengal will now travel away to Sawbridgeworth Town next weekend.