Sporting Hackney are back in the Middlesex County title race
Sporting Hackney put themselves firmly back into the Middlesex County League 1 title race on Saturday with a comfortable away win at London United Academy
Sporting Hackney put themselves firmly back into the Middlesex County League 1 title race on Saturday with a comfortable away win at London United Academy.
On the half hour, Hackney (pictured left in yellow) opened the scoring.
A fine move on the right culminated in Monahan bringing it down and squaring on the half way line to Jones, who flicked the ball over the left back's head, drove to the byline, and pulled the ball back sharply into the path of the hapless Academy defender who bundled into his own net.
The Hackney outfit are in great form and there was little surprise when they doubled their advantage after the break.
You may also want to watch:
The goal was worthy of winning any game, and it effectively killed off this one.
A brilliant move down the left saw the Yellows exchange a dozen passes before Majocchi slowed things down on the edge of the United penalty area.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 8 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Three held after shots reportedly fired at house in Bethnal Green
The Italian played a one-two with Badu, before the ball was squared sharply to Monahan on the edge of the area.
Confronted with little space and a bouncing ball, the Irishman took the decision to strike first time, and spectacularly arrowed the ball into the bottom left corner.
Any fire left in the young Academy side was extinguished moments later by Badu, who capatilised on a defensive error after another good move to beat the home keeper from 12 yards.
Not only did Hackney have to settle for three goals, but they even conceded a soft goal that looked to all in yellow like a clear offside.
The goal stood, and the final 10 minutes were considerably less enjoyable than they should have been for the east London side.