Stanislas promised to reward Hammers for new deal
Junior Stanislas has vowed to keep working hard after his first-team breakthrough was rewarded with a new contract
Junior Stanislas has vowed to keep working hard after his first-team breakthrough was rewarded with a new contract that keeps the teenager at Upton Park until 2013.
The 19-year-old scored on his first West Ham start in the club's 2-0 win over Sunderland a fortnight ago and kept his place in the starting line-up for the club's derby defeat against Spurs last weekend.
Now he has pledged to continue his rapid ascent to the first-team reckoning after finalising a new long-term deal.
He said: "It's good to have signed. I've been working hard and doing well on the training ground so the new contract is a bonus.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a great show of faith and I've just got to keep working hard."
England Under-20 winger Stanislas has become the third academy graduate to sign a new contract this month following similar agreements with homegrown duo Mark Noble and James Tomkins.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Stanislas said: "James and I have been together quite a lot recently, with England as well, so for him to sign and me to sign a few days later is obviously great."
The midfielder, who spent a month on loan at Southend in December, added that he is now focused on helping the club in the race for European qualification.
"We're chasing that European spot in seventh and we've got quite a few games so hopefully we'll get that spot," he said.