The Greater Sylhet Cup is back
- Credit: Archant
The Greater Sylhet Upazila Cup - Europe’s premier Bangladeshi football tournament is back.
The football festival returns to Hackney Mabley Green and will feature teams representing the Sylhet region of Bangladesh.
Balagonj and Osmaninagar and then Osmaninagar won the first two tournaments and the current holders are Chattak.
The tournament will take place on Sunday, August 26 and promises to be the biggest and best yet.
Jallal Miah, Sunamganj player manager said: “The organisers have provided us with bigger and better tournaments and this promises to be no different.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s going to be an exciting summer of football and friendly banter.”
Aktar Hussain from Dakshin Surma added: “This unites our community through football.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
“For the next two months the interest in football in our community will rise a notch.
“It’ll be an entertaining summer. Good luck everyone.”