Sylhet District warm up for Sylhet District Cup with friendly win
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Mamum Chowdhury’s team defeated Emdad Rahman’s side 2-0
Sylhet District warmed up for next month’s Sylhet District Cup by playing an inter-team friendly.
It proved to be a Battle of the MBE’s as Mamun Chowdhury’s over-40s side defeated Emdad Rahman’s over-50’s 2-0.
Players on show for the over-50s included Bodrul Hoque, Syed Salique Ahmed, Dawlath Khan – and Shawkat Ali, who travelled down from Birmingham, while the over 40s were spearheaded by captain Repon Chowdhury.
Commenting after the game, Mamun Choudhury MBE said: “It was a much tighter contest than the scoreline suggests.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a lot of energy and enthusiasm throughout the game. Overall it was a really good evening and that’s what football is about.”
Emdad Rahman MBE added: “The fact that these players can still race up and down the pitch at their age is an inspiration. They attacked in numbers, defended deep and made good chances.”
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided