Tower Hamlets pull off cup upset at Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Gordon Brastead Memorial Trophy: Takeley 1 Tower Hamlets 2
Tower Hamlets went against the odds to progress in the Gordon Brastead Memorial Trophy with a 2-1 victory over Takeley.
Damian Briggs' outfit came from behind to seal the win with two second-half strikes and bag a place in the second round of the cup competition at Station Road.
The hosts Jason Todd found the back of the net to give them the lead and they held onto that until the half-time whistle.
Hamlets had other plans though as substitute Raphael Balde came off the bench and soon after levelled the score with a stunning effort.
You may also want to watch:
Striker Yoan Edoukou then struck to give the visitors a 2-1 lead which they managed to hold onto to cause an early season cup upset.
Takeley: Yates, La Ronda, Miles, Jelliman, Hurley, Castle, Bosanya, Todd, Das, O'Hanlon, Florence.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Subs: Humphrey, Barrett, Deamer, Gill, Thorpe.
Tower Hamlets: Gannon, Daniels, Musoke, Folkes, Zuqollf, Assiant, Brookes, Murad, Kassinga, Edoukou, Marc-Oliver.
Subs: Adyszkiu, Temar, Brown, Sunied, Kirwan-Meade.