Thriller between Hamlets and Motormen
- Credit: Archant
Pre-season friendly: Tower Hamlets 2 Redbridge 2
Essex Senior League outfit Tower Hamlets and Ryman North side Redbridge played out a four-goal thriller last night at Stepney Green.
The two local rivals continued their preparation for their respective league campaigns with a thrilling encounter in front of 22 people in attendance.
Ade Abayomi’s Hamlets started the better of the two sides and took the lead after nine minutes when O’Neal Rowe finished off a good team move.
They doubled that advantage shortly afterwards when a trialist beat the Motormen goalkeeper with 18 minutes on the clock.
You may also want to watch:
It could have been more, but the Essex Senior League outfit failed to make the most of the various opportunity they created and it remained 2-0 at the break.
Redbridge managers Dave Ross and Ricky Eaton made various changes after the interval and pulled one back when they won a penalty in the 57th minute and a trialist converted it confidently.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
But Hamlets started to hit back and should have gone 3-1 but Edison Teberen failed to finish off a good move.
They would rue that miss as the Motormen found another gear and levelled the scores with 11 minutes remaining and that was how it finished.
Overall a good work out for both clubs and Redbridge are next in action on Thursday against Barking, another Essex Senior League side.
Tower Hamlets, meanwhile, will continue their pre-season campaign with a clash against Harlow Town on Saturday.