Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets 5 Clapton 0
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Tower Hamlets earned the east London bragging rights with a convincing derby win over Clapton under the Friday night lights.
Having suffered back-to-back 2-0 home defeats against Enfield and Walthamstow in the Essex Senior League, AJ Ashanike’s men returned to form with a bang at Mile End Stadium.
The player-manager opened the scoring himself as the home side scored three times in the first half to take firm control.
And Ashanike was joined on the scoresheet by striker Luke With, as Hamlets struck twice more in the second half to complete their nap hand and make it a miserable night for Tons, who suffered a third defeat in four outings.
The win lifted Hamlets one place in the table, above Southend Manor into 17th, as Claptpon slipped down two places to 13th.
You may also want to watch:
Hamlets head to Bostik North side Barking on Tuesday for a London Senior Cup tie, while Tons will look to bounce back from their derby disappointment when they welcome Walthamstow to the Old Spotted Dog.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars