Tower Hamlets boss Ashanike says Ilford win was special
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Tower Hamlets boss AJ Ashanike described his side’s 2-1 win over his former club Ilford as a special one.
Hamlets moved up to 16th in the league table with that win thanks to goals from Flavio Jumo and Wale Odedoyin at the Mile End Stadium on Friday evening.
The Foxes Callum Maltese broke the deadlock and gave his side a 1-0 lead heading into the half-time break.
Jumo equalised early in the second-half before Odedoyin fired home the winner late in the game to bag AJ Ashanike’s side the three points.
“It was a special win against my old club,” the former Ilford defender said.
You may also want to watch:
“First-half we played really well, but we couldn’t find the back of the net; the second half was totally different.
“We changed a couple of things and it worked out well for us.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
“Credit to the boys they dug deep and got the three points.”
Ashanike praised the Foxes side but feels they were always confident of picking up three points even after going 1-0 down early in the match.
“They’re a very good side, we played them a few months ago and they beat us at their ground.
“I knew what they were about from that game so we knew how to play against them this time.
“Even when we went a goal down we had the belief that we could beat them.”