Tower Hamlets crash out London Senior Cup
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tower Hamlets crashed out of the London Senior Cup in the second round as they fell to a 2-0 defeat to Bostik Premier Division outfit Tooting & Mitcham.
A goal in each half from the visitors managed to seal them progress into the third round of the cup competition at Mile End Stadium.
The Terrors Quincy Rowe opened the scoring with a 25 yard low strike that found the back of the net in the opening 15 minutes and hold firm to take their 1-0 lead into the half-time break.
Frank Wilson’s men then doubled their lead in the final minute of the match when Wedgeworth stepped up and slotted home from the spot to make it 2-0.
Tower Hamlets: Pellin, Sumithran, Tobun, Capleton, Ndure, Kenward, Montiero, Ross, McCarthy, Ackie, Futardo.
You may also want to watch:
Subs: Bello, Wright, Ashanike.
Tooting & Mitcham: Pierson, Dines, Wedgeworth, Morgan-Griffths, Rowe, Flegg, Clements, O’Neil, Dixon, Bassett, Jones.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
Subs: Paterson-Bohner, Fadahunsi, Simpson, Folkes, Allechi.