Tower Hamlets crash out of the FA Vase to Enfield
- Credit: Archant
FA Vase: Tower Hamlets 1 Enfield 2
Tower Hamlets crashed out of the FA Vase to fellow Essex Senior League side Enfield in the second round at Mile End Stadium.
The hosts took a 14th minute lead through Curtis Pond but just two minutes later the visitors levelled through Andy Tirivanhu and then with just over twenty minutes left Joe Clark put the visitors ahead.
However the game ended with some drama after Hamlets had two players sent off for second bookings, the 95th minute saw a melee and see another two red cards for the hosts and one for the visitors in rather unsavoury scenes.
Enfield progressed into the Third Round of the cup competition.
You may also want to watch:
The two sides will meet again in the league on Monday evening at Barrow Farm Stadium.
Tower Hamlets: Pellin, Earle, Watson, Tobin, Odedoyin, Ndure, Pond, Sinclair, Anthony, Odedoyin, With.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
Subs: Rowe, Martelli, Capleton, Montiero, Ross.