Tower Hamlets cruise into next round of the FA Vase
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets romped their way into the next round of the FA Vase with an emphatic 10-1 victory against Little Oakley.
Ade Abayomi and AJ Ashanike men cruised to a comfortable win thanks to four goals from Curtis Pond, braces from Luke With and Jamie Ross, as well as goals from Danny Childs and Hasan Mustafa at the Mile End Stadium.
The hosts got themselves off to a flying start and managed to go 3-0 up after eleven minutes with Pond striking home in the first minute, then added another in the fourth, before With netted.
The visitors clawed their way back into the match as Stephen Polley made it 3-1 in the 28th minute.
Little Oakley’s fight back didn’t last long, as Pond continued to run riot and scored another to bag himself a hat-trick in the 35th minute, before team-mate With netted his second to make it 5-1.
You may also want to watch:
Pond netted his fourth of the night on the stroke of half-time to take his side into the break with a 6-1 lead.
Both sides returned to action with neither side getting much momentum in the opening frame of the second-half.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Rotherhithe tunnel to close all next week for urgent repairs
Tower Hamlets eventually continuing where they left off as Childs slotted a shot home in the 65th, before substitute Jamie Ross netted back to back goals in the 70th and 74th minute to make it 9-1.
Mustafa then wrapped the game up as he netted one of his own in the 76th minute to seal a 10-1 win.
Tower Hamlets will now host Stansted in the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy this evening (7.45pm kick-off).
Tower Hamlets: McKnight, Sinclair, Rowe, Capleton, Odedoyin, Furtado, Pond, Julio, With, Childs, Mustafa.
Subs: Bunyat, Montiero, Bello, Ross, Lukombo.
Little Oakley: Tynan, Reynolds, Kloussis, Harman, Wood, Kloussis, Polley, Reddick, Mann, Beecham, Pratt.
Subs: Kloussis, Wall, Sullivain, Tynan.