Tower Hamlets fail to make it three on the spin against Enfield
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets 0 Enfield 2
Tower Hamlets failed to make it three consecutive wins in the Essex Senior League as they fell to a 2-0 defeat against Enfield.
Matt Hanning’s side got off to a strong start and took a 2-0 lead into the half-time break.
They managed to hold off the hosts to seal the three points at the Mile End Stadium to move them up to 13th in the table while Hamlets remain 17th - despite a surge in form of late.
Manager AJ Ashanike tweeted after the match: “Saturday took a lot out of us but that wasn’t good enough from us tonight.
You may also want to watch:
“We pick ourselves up and go again Saturday.”
Hamlets will play host to Walthamstow at the Mile End Stadium on Saturday as they look to bounce back to winning ways.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
They’ll be keen to keep picking up points and climb further away from Barkingside at the foot of the table.