Tower Hamlets giving youngsters a chance against Stansted
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets will be making wholesale changes for their Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy clash with Stansted.
AJ Ashanike and Ade Abayomi’s men will host their fellow Essex Senior League outfit in the cup competition and are looking to give their youngsters a chance at the Mile End Stadium this evening (7.45pm kick-off).
“Ade and I have spoken and we’re going to make changes and we’ve brought in nine of the youth team for tonight,” Ashanike said.
“They have got through the FA youth cup and are set to play Leyton Orient soon and they all deserve a chance to prove themselves in the first team.
“We just want to see how good they can be and give them a chance as they will be the future of the club.”
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets go into the match on the back of a emphatic 10-1 victory against Little Oakley in the FA Vase.
Manager Ashanike had nothing but praise for his side and the way they dominated the game to progress into the next round.
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
“We couldn’t ask for much more,” he said.
“First-half we went in 6-1 up so we didn’t really have anything to say to the lads other than keep going.
“The confidence is high right now and they have just carried that on.”
He also praised the current form of Curtis Pond and Luke With as they both netted plenty against the Eastern Counties League Division One outfit.
“People were asking me the other day why Curtis hasn’t scored in three games, but it doesn’t matter as everyone in the team is scoring, but then he went and got four and I’m sure that’s done his confidence the world of good.
“Luke has got six in five games now and has done really well so far this season.
“He is working hard and he has showed that he can score goals if the service is good.”