Tower Hamlets hit back for FA Cup win at Enfield
- Credit: Archant
FA Cup: Enfield 2 Tower Hamlets 4
Tower Hamlets booked their place in the preliminary round of the FA Cup with a superb come-from-behind win against Essex Senior League rivals Enfield at Harlow.
Only five minutes had been played when Francis put Enfield in front and it was 2-0 just past the half-hour mark as Briggs beat Robert Gaweda.
But the hosts were forced to replace Francis soon after and Hamlets hit back on 39 minutes through O’Neal Rowe.
Enfield made a second substitution before the interval, with Essimi coming on for Thoma, and Hamlets were back on level terms seven minutes into the second half.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors then took the lead on the hour as Rahim Adama Bamba struck, before Enfield made their third change and replaced goalscorer Briggs with Campbell.
But Hamlets made sure in the last minute when Kerfala Korouma netted their fourth goal to bank the £1,500 prize money and another road trip on August 20.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
Ade Abayomi’s side ran out 5-1 winners at Wivenhoe at the same stage last season, thanks to a hat-trick from Omar Rowe, but were then knocked out by Cockfosters in a replay.
They will be hoping to go further this time around and face the winners of the tie between Sawbridgeworth and Southend Manor, who face a replay after drawing 0-0 at Crofters End.
Hamlets return to league action on Wednesday when they make the short trip to Cricklefield Stadium to take on new boys Barkingside.
Tower Hamlets: Robert Gaweda, Landin Joao, Jhontas Silas da Silva, Ade Orenaike, Jairo Pedro, Leoman Madrado, O’Neal Rowe, Olympia Rui Pina, Joel Ramos, Kerfala Korouma, Trecy Bambo. Subs: Rahim Adama Bamba, Jermaine Abayomi, Lukman Atuna, Adeyinka Akinlabi, Deivity Jesus, Ali Ibrahim, Edison Teberen.