Hamlets earn point off title challengers Hullbridge
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets 1 Hullbridge Sports 1
Tower Hamlets managed to nab a point off title chasing Hullbridge Sports in a cagey affair at the Mile End Stadium.
An early goal from Hamlets Wale Odedoyin was cancelled out by in-form Sports Ollie Sotoyinbo to leave both sides with a share of the spoils.
Odedoyin fired into the back of the net in the 19th minute to give AJ Ashanike’s side an early lead against the run of play.
In the 36th minute the visitors were awarded a penalty and Sotoyinbo stepped up to fire the ball home to level the score at 1-1.
You may also want to watch:
Neither team could find the winner as they battled out a goalless second-half.
Manager AJ Ashanike tweeted: “Proud of my boys today. We keep going strong.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
Hamlets will now travel away to fellow strugglers Southend Manor on the weekend as they look to leapfrog them in the Essex Senior League table and pull further away from the relegation battle.