Hamlets come back to nick win over Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets 2 Ilford 1
Tower Hamlets made it back to back wins in the Essex Senior League as they sealed a 2-1 win over local rivals Ilford.
Hamlets moved up to 16th in the league table with that win thanks to goals from Flavio Jumo and Wale Odedoyin at the Mile End Stadium on Friday evening.
The Foxes Callum Maltese broke the deadlock and gave his side a 1-0 lead heading into the half-time break.
Jumo equalised early in the second-half before Odedoyin fired home the winner late in the game to bag AJ Ashanike’s side the three points.
You may also want to watch:
Manager AJ Ashanike tweeted: “Massive win for my boys tonight against Ilford, we keep going.”
Striker Luke With added: “Great start to my half term, 1-0 down and an absolute great response and change of tactics from us leaves us with our second victory in a row.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
“Time to return this club up the table.”