Hamlets new signing Clarke inspires them to victory
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets 2 Leyton Athletic 1
Tower Hamlets nabbed a 2-1 win over basement club Leyton Athletic to pull themselves a step further away from the Essex Senior League relegation zone.
New signing Louie Clarke inspired Hamlets to victory by netting a brace to help them earn the three points at the Mile End Stadium.
The visitors got off to a dream start Valter Pedro Simao struck the ball from range and his effort went in off the goalkeeper to give his side a 1-0 lead after just two minutes.
The lead only last seven minutes as Clarke was picked out with a long ball over the top with the attacker volleying it home first time to level the score.
You may also want to watch:
The score was tied at 1-1 heading into the half-time break but just four minutes into the second-half Clarke got in behind the Leyton defence and fired home to seal a 2-1 win for the hosts.
Louie Clarke tweeted: “Two goals on debut and a big three points! Get in.”
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns