Tower Hamlets look make ground on top six against Waltham Forest
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tower Hamlets travel away to lowly Essex Senior League rivals Waltham Forest as they look to get themselves back on a run this weekend.
The Mile End-based club will go to Wadham Lodge Stadium on Saturday (3pm) as they bid to claw some points back on the league’s top six teams.
The leading pack is starting to pull clear of the rest and Hamlets will be hoping they can keep themselves in the running.
AJ Ashanike and Ade Abayomi’s men go into the match on the back of a 3-2 victory against local rivals Hackney Wick under the Friday night lights.
The win left Hamlets seventh after finally seeing off a stubborn Wick to bounce back after two successive defeats.
You may also want to watch:
Curtis Pond put the hosts in front, but Wick managed to level after the break, only for Pond to restore the home side’s lead once again.
The visitors fought back to level for a second time, however Daniel McCarthy netted the winning goal to seal three points for Hamlets.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided