Tower Hamlets lose out to Tottenham Hotspur Development
- Credit: Joe Meredith/JMP
After beating Enfield Town Reserves, the Mile End club were brought back down to earth
Tower Hamlets women pushed Tottenham Hotspur Development all the way last weekend, before eventually losing 3-0.
After earning an excellent win over Enfield Town Reserves on February 25, the Cows were brought back down to earth with a bang.
Hamlets worked hard from the start with Holly Boatright and Kate Warner dominating the midfield battle.
Hannah Griffiths and Bex Smith enjoyed some success out wide, but it remained goalless at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams stepped up their attacking intent after the restart and Cows goalkeeper Alex Lazarus was forced to make a fine save to keep the scores level.
The two sides had to leave the pitch briefly during the second half after a bout of lightning with the referee putting the players safety first.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
Hamlets soon got the game back underway, but the break benefitted the visitors and they broke the deadlock.
It was harsh on the Cows and as they pushed for an equaliser, Tottenham struck twice more.
Kingstonian visit this weekend with Hamlets keen to hit back.