Tower Hamlets continue resurgence with Enfield win
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Enfield 2 Tower Hamlets 4
Tower Hamlets continued their recent resurgence with a terrific 4-2 win at Enfield as they look to pull clear of the bottom of the Essex Senior League table.
A brace from Luke With and goals from Iljhal Currie-Wilson and Kris Queeley sealed the three points for AJ Ashanike’s side.
Luke With netted after 18 minutes to give Hamlets the lead and then he doubled their lead just before the half hour
You may also want to watch:
Iljhal Currie-Wilson then added a third just past the half hour mark to give the visitors a three goal lead at the break.
The hosts then briefly harboured hopes of the comeback when Dan Chambers pulled one back seven minutes into the second period before Michael Opoku added a second for the hosts just a minute later, but Kris Queeley then netted a fourth for Hamlets on the hour mark to thwart any hopes of such a comeback, and it meant the visitors climbed up to 14th and above their opponents who slipped down to 17th.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19