Tower Hamlets progress in Peter Butcher Memorial Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets progressed into the second round of the Peter Butcher Memorial Trophy with a 2-0 victory over Essex Senior League rivals Sawbridgeworth Town.
Goals from youngsters Joshua Rusoke and Yoan Edoukou sealed the progress of Hamlets against the Robins at Crofters End.
Manager AJ Ashanike made a number of changes for the clash as he looked to hand chances to some of the club’s youth team players.
And it was 17-year-old Rusoke who opened the scoring before fellow youngster Edoukou latched onto a defensive mistake and slotted the ball home to make it 2-0.
Ashanike tweeted: “Told you Sawbridgeworth Town I was playing the youth team.
You may also want to watch:
“Tower Hamlets were outstanding tonight, I’m really impressed.
“Working with my guy Darrell Queeley and Joe Biscoe. Time to start flying the flag.”
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
While, Flavio Jumo tweeted: “Happy to captain Tower Hamlets for the first time with a 2-0 win against Sawbridgeworth Town.
“It was a great performance all round boys and happy to get another assist.
“Thanks AJ and Darrell for the trust and belief in me to lead us to victory.”