Tower Hamlets held by late goal from West Essex
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets 2 West Essex 2
Tower Hamlets were held to a 2-2 draw against mid-table West Essex thanks to a late equaliser from Izunna Ogedi-Uzokwe in the dying stages.
Goals from Luke With and Oseman Usifoh proved not enough to earn Hamlets the three points and get their on track on at the Mile End Stadium.
West Essex broke the deadlock early in the match when the ball fell to Symeon Taylor who shifted his body and tucked it away.
Usifoh then struck back to level the score line at 1-1 before Luke With gave his side the lead.
You may also want to watch:
But in the 88th minute Izunna Ogedi-Uzokwe fired home after a great run and cutback from Taylor to earn the visitors a point.
Tower Hamlets manager AJ Ashanike tweeted after the match: “By far the best football we played.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
“Coming off the pitch thinking how we ain’t got all three points against West Essex but we go again Tower Hamlets.”
Tower Hamlets will now look to build on that point when they host Hoddesdon Town this weekend.