Tower Hamlets return to action
- Credit: Archant
Rival clubs vote to end suspension
Tower Hamlets are set to return to Essex Senior League action at Greenhouse tomorrow (Saturday).
The Mile End Stadium-based club have been suspended from playing since December, but rival clubs voted in favour of keeping them in the competition.
Tower Hamlets officials breathed a sigh of relief at the EGM held at Bowers & Pitsea’s Len Salmon Stadium.
And a statement from club chairman Mohammed Nurul Hoque said: “I would like to thank the management committee, our friends, families and our sponsors and member clubs for their support.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted with the outcome of the voting process and we are looking forward to fulfilling the remainder of our fixtures for this season.”
Tower Hamlets have not played since a 2-1 home defeat against leaders Haringey Borough on December 13.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
They have slipped down the table to 16th place during their period of inactivity, with 19 points from 19 games, but will look to start climbing back up the standings with victory against lowly Greenhouse.
Tower Hamlets are set to host Stansted at Mile End Stadium on Wednesday (7.45pm).
Fixtures, Saturday: Clapton v Waltham Forest, FC Romania v Barking, Greenhouse v Tower Hamlets, Sporting Bengal v Haringey Borough, Takeley v Ilford.
Tuesday: Bowers v Newham, Haringey Borough v Ilford (cup).
Wednesday: Tower Hamlets v Stansted.