Hamlets fall short to the Bloods
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets 0 Saffron Walden Town 1
Tower Hamlets fell to a narrow 1-0 defeat to promotion chasing Saffron Walden Town at The Mile End Stadium.
The Bloods kept themselves in the promotion hunt and moved up to third in the Essex Senior League table.
The only goal of the game came in the 25th minute when Lewis Francis netted, six points behind leaders Stansted with a game in hand, and just two behind second placed Hullbridge Sports having played a game more.
Hamlets themselves slip back to fourth bottom, twelve points above the bottom two, Barkingside and Leyton Athletic.
You may also want to watch:
Manager AJ Ashanike’s side travel away to fellow strugglers Southend Manor for a six-pointer on Wednesday evening at Southchurch Park.
They will then travel away to Walthamstow on Saturday for theird third league match in a week.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage