Tower Hamlets progress in Errington Challenge Cup
- Credit: Archant
Errington Challenge Cup: Sawbridgeworth Town 2 Tower Hamlets 3
Tower Hamlets progressed into the second round of the Errington Challenge Cup with a 3-2 victory against Sawbridgeworth Town.
The visitors took the lead in the early stages and found themselves 2-1 up but were reduced to 10 men at Crofters End.
The hosts soon equalised but Hamlets dug deep to find a winner in the dying stages of the match.
AJ Ashanike tweeted after the match: “Proud of my boys playing with 10 men for 70 minutes of the game.
You may also want to watch:
“Buzzing with that one. Thank you Sawbridgeworth Town.”
Sawbridgeworth boss John Watters also tweeted: “Not accepting that tonight lads let me down.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
“Got a very talented group but application and attitude need to be better as games ain’t won if you don’t work hard.
“Fair play to AJ Ashanike and his Tower Hamlets lads worked hard and wanted it more tonight than my boys.”
Tower Hamlets will now travel away to league leaders Stansted on Saturday as they look to build on their latest cup win.