Ashanike pleased with Tower Hamlets players after solid week
- Credit: Archant
The east Londoners secured their first victory of the season last weekend
After a fantastic week, Tower Hamlets will look to kick on in the Essex Senior League over the next few days.
The east Londoners have had a tough start to the 2018/19 season, but they appear to have found their feet now.
AJ Ashanike’s team had lost seven of their first eight games in all competitions, drawing the other 0-0 away to Leyton Athletic.
But on Saturday they were able to earn a maiden victory of the campaign as Silo Joao scored the only goal of the game at the Mile End Stadium against Southend Manor.
You may also want to watch:
Ashanike said: “Glad to be back on the pitch after one year off and to get that clean sheet and win.
“Well done to my Tower Hamlets players. Unlucky Southend Manor. Safe trip back home.”
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
After Saturday’s victory, the east Londoners backed it up on Tuesday by drawing 0-0 at Woodford Town.
Jordan Stansbury saved a penalty to ensure Hamlets made it two league games without defeat.
“A point away from home and another clean sheet from us against one of the best teams,” Ashanike said.
Next up for Hamlets is a trip to St Margaretsbury this weekend before they welcome lowly Barkingside to Mile End on Monday (October 8).