Tower Hamlets keen to bounce back against Stanway Rovers
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets will host mid-table Stanway Rovers as they look to get back to winning ways in the Essex Senior League this weekend.
Hamlets will welcome Terry Spillane’s new-look Rovers side to Mile End Stadium on Saturday as they look to keep clear of relegation after dropping back down to third from bottom last weekend.
Manager AJ Ashanike and his side suffered a narrow 2-1 defeat to in-form St Margaretsbury last weekend.
A brace from Charncey Dash sealed the three points for The Bury against a nine-man Hamlets side.
Dash put the visitors ahead, but a nice finish from Ezekiel Kamara saw the hosts go into the break all square.
You may also want to watch:
But it didn’t go to plan as Hamlets had two men sent off and went down to nine men.
Dash then netted a second goal in the 59th minute to secure the win for his side.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
The hot-shot Bury striker has now moved on to 26 goals this season.