Tower Hamlets women let lead slip to suffer Victoire Ladies defeat
- Credit: Joe Meredith/JMP
Carmel Pragnell’s first half goal fails to give hosts any reward at Millwall Park
Tower Hamlets women suffered a 2-1 defeat to Victoire Ladies despite taking the lead at Millwall Park.
The Cows made a strong start with Hannah Griffiths and Bex Smith enjoying plenty of joy down the wings.
Hamlets opened the scoring when Carmel Pragnell stayed calm and fired home after turning her marker.
But their delight was short-lived with a poor clearance landing perfectly for a Victoire player to equalise.
You may also want to watch:
The Cows failed to let it deter them too much and pushed for a second, but it remained level at half time.
Again the hosts started strongly and goalkeeper Kim Lynch stayed alert to the threat of the visitors.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
Cows failed to make the most of some promising positions and goalmouth scrambles before eventually they were punished.
A fine long range effort by a Victoire Ladies player beat Lynch in the Hamlets goal and the away side were in the lead.
With time running out, Cows pushed to get something from the game, but suffered a frustrating defeat.
Hamlets will look to bounce back this weekend when Hampton & Richmond Borough visit in the cup.
Cows reserve team were on the end of a 6-1 thrashing at East London Ladies despite Louise Askew converting a spot-kick.