Tower Hamlets face hectic weekend with two clashes
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets face a hectic weekend with two fixtures in three days as they continue their battle to pull themselves away from the Essex Senior League relegation zone.
Hamlets are set to welcome Woodford Town to the Mile End Stadium on Saturday before also hosting strugglers Leyton Athletic on Monday.
And Hamlets manager AJ Ashanike will be hoping his side can build on their recent performances and results.
After a 0-0 draw at Southend Manor last Wednesday, they did suffer late heartbreak as an 88th-minute penalty from Dwade James sealed a 1-0 victory for Walthamstow at the weekend.
After an even encounter, Benjamin Crilley was brought down in the box and Hamlets were reduced to 10 men as defender Amon Walton-Owen was sent off for dissent.
You may also want to watch:
James made no mistake as he dispatched the spot-kick to earn the home side all three points and keep their outside chance of promotion alive.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt