Ultimate Futsal showdown at Copper Box
- Credit: The FA via Getty Images
The latest news from the Essex FA
The FA Futsal Cup finals make a return to the iconic Copper Box Arena in Stratford this weekend, providing an atmospheric demonstration of futsal and featuring an assortment of the best male and female teams in the country.
Over 600 sides have competed in the qualifiers to win the right to challenge in the National Finals. The privileged finalists at the Olympic 2012 venue get the opportunity to test their skills over two days of tough competition to be crowned men’s and women’s cup winners.
Fans can watch the group stages on Saturday for free, with tickets on sale for the Semi-Finals and deciders on Sunday. Visit www.ticketline.co.uk/fa-futsal-cup#bio for details.
Also taking place this month and in July are football skills and coaching for children with disabilities aged 8-16. This is part of two features occurring at Barking Abbey School at their brand new Disability Football Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Participants will be supported to learn new skills at their own pace and visually or hearing impaired Cerebral Palsy and amputee players, as well as individuals with a learning disability, are welcome to play on the 3G pitch from 10am to 12pm for six Saturday starting from June 20.
The sessions are for children of all abilities - beginners, experienced and advanced. Call Lyndon Lynch on (020) 8270 4100 or E-Mail email@example.com for details.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
Anyone keen to have a kick about tomorrow (Wednesday) should pop down to the Lucozade Powerleague venue at Fairlop Oak Playing Fields in Forest Road, Hainault.
A five-a-side tournament is being hosted with each team needed to pay £25. The competition also has spaces in their 5 v 5 and 7 v 7 leagues on Tuesdays, which are idea for pre-season training.
Call (020) 8501 4567 or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details, or visit www.powerleague.co.uk.
Finally Great Danes have six weeks of football skills, fun, games and matches coming up for boys and girls aged 5-15 at their Sawyers Hall Lane base in Brentwood from Thursday July 23 to Wednesday September 2 between 9:15am and 3:15pm each day.
Qualified coaches will oversee hours of football every day as well as penalty competitions, themed days and daily challenges. The cost is £11 per day for members (£12.00 for non-members) if pre-booked online.
To book, email email@example.com or call (07843) 891573. For those wishing to take advantage of extended hours, ‘Happy Child’ also has indoor and outdoor activities from 3:30-5:00pm.