Hamlets suffered 88th minute heartbreak at Walthamstow
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Walthamstow 1 Tower Hamlets 0
Tower Hamlets suffered late heartbreak as a 88th minute winner from Dwade James sealed the 1-0 win for Walthamstow.
Hamlets remain 17th in the Essex Senior League table after coming away with nothing from the match while Stow sit fifth after picking up their fifth consecutive clean sheet.
After playing out an even encounter Benjamin Crilley was brought down in the box in the 88th minute and Hamlets were reduced to 10-men as defender Amon Walton-Owen was sent off for dissent.
James made no mistake as he dispatched the spot kick to earn his side three points and keep their outside chance of promotion alive.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Aj Ashanike tweeted after the match: “Unlucky today Tower Hamlets against a top Walthamstow side full of experienced players.
“Proud of my boys for their effort. We look forward to the next one.”
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
Tower Hamlets return home to the Mile End Stadium to take on high-flying Woodford Town next weekend as they look to bounce back to winning ways and get themselves clear of the relegation zone.