Wapping Youth won Osmani Youth Community Cup
- Credit: Archant
Wapping Youth beat off strong competition on route to lifting the Osmani Community Cup 2018.
Wapping, led by man of the tournament Federico Montiero and joint top scorers Elijah Miller and Tyler Stanford-Edwards powered through to take the trophy home at Mile End Stadium.
They beat Sporting Green (5-1), drew against Newark Youth (2-2), beat Manor House (6-0) to progress into the knock-out stages.
A 3-1 victory against Vallance was enough to progress into the semi-finals where they beat Abohani 2-1.
It was Newark in the final and they managed a 2-1 win to get their hands on the silverware.
You may also want to watch:
The Tower Hamlets outfits under-10’s also fared very well in reaching the last four but lost to eventual winners East Ham Rovers.
Manager Peter Clark said: “The boys did us and themselves proud.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
“Well done to both under-11 and the under-10 boys.”