Warriors Futsal win regional finals
- Credit: Archant
Bethnal Green club into FA Futsal Cup for first time
Bethnal Green’s Warriors Futsal Club after into the first round proper of the FA Futsal Cup for the first time in their short history after coming out on top at the regional finals in Birmingham.
After winning the south region in November, the east London club, which was formed in 2014, faced other teams from across the country at the Birmingham Arena.
In their first game they overcame Marty Payne Futsal from Lincolnshire with a comfortable 5-1 win thanks to a hat-trick from Douglas Mattos Da Silva and further goals from Gladson Cardoso De Freitas and Hugo Leonardo Condez.
And Da Silva added another treble in a 6-0 win over Norfolk’s Gy All Stars, with Condez, Cesar Rodrigo Da Silva Dourado and Neto also on target.
You may also want to watch:
Warriors won their final group game againast Bristol University by a 4-1 margin, as Neto netted twice, with Da Silva and Fabricio Novais finding the target, and then beat Norwich Futsal 3-1 in the final with two more goals from Neto and Da Silva’s eighth goal of the competition.
Manager Odirley Fernandes Fraga said: “I congratulate the FA for the excellent organisation of the event in Birmigham and thank the AFA for the opportunity to participate.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Tackling Covid blamed for yet more threats to public services
- 3 Windows smashed in Extinction Rebellion protest at Canary Wharf bank HQ
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 5 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 6 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 7 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 10 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
“We hope to participate in new events and together with the FA make this sport more and more recognised in the country.”
Head coach Maikel De Quadros added: “Special thanks to all players, fans, supporters and partners. The team will continue to work hard for the next round the FA Futsal Cup.”
Warriors: Anderson Dionizo, Ediel Oliveira, Flavio Santos Tavares, Samuka Pereira, Hugo Leonardo Condez, Fabricio Novais, Douglas Mattos Da Silva, Gladson Cardoso De Freitas, Justino Freza, Pedro Ferreira De Carvalho, Rodrigo Schmidt Teixeira, Cesar Rodrigo Da Silva Dourado, Ederson Tomasoni, Welcom Cardoso De Almeida.