West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola takes responsibility for Wolves debacle
West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola has taken full responsibility for the Hammers dismal showing against Wolves
West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola has taken full responsibility for the Hammers' dismal showing against Wolves.
The Italian has always supported his players when they have come under fire and Tuesday night was no different after he saw his side slip to a 3-1 defeat.
"My players tried their best, but we went into it in a disjointed way and we have made it very difficult for us," he said.
"It is not that they didn't try, they tried, but they tried in a disorganised way and that is very, very painful for me, because obviously that is my duty to correct it. I take full responsibility for that."
You may also want to watch:
And the boss is keen to make things right this Saturday when they face Stoke at Upton Park.
"Now there is only one way to react," he said.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
"We have got another big game coming on Saturday which is going to be more difficult than this one, because obviously we will have to play against a team that is strong and also we will have to get the crowd behind us, which is going to be another big thing to do.
"If I was only concerned about worries, I wouldn't be living at all. I try to switch on to things that I can do rather than worry about things I cannot do.