West Ham's new training ground plans are put on hold for now, says David Gold
Co-owner David Gold has revealed that West Ham s new training ground plans have been shelved until they find out for sure what division they are playing in next season
Co-owner David Gold has revealed that West Ham's new training ground plans have been shelved until they find out for sure what division they are playing in next season.
The club were interested in moving from their current base at Chadwell Heath to build a new complex possibly in Rush Green, Romford.
However, in the midst of a relegation battle those plans are not a pressing concern.
"We've got seven games to go. The training ground has somehow slipped my mind," Gold said.
You may also want to watch:
"The difficulty there is that we're hugely optimistic that we're going to remain in this division. It's a mountain to climb.
"It's a difficult situation, it's all-consuming. When you talk about the training ground - the minute I know where we are...there's two budgets, a large budget for the training ground if we're in the Premier League and a small budget if we're not.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
"It's realism. I'm trying to be realistic so you can see where we're at.