West Ham striker Carlton Cole desperate to get back to scoring ways on his return
West Ham striker Carlton Cole is determined to regain his scoring touch as he edges closer to recovering from knee ligament damage
West Ham striker Carlton Cole is determined to regain his scoring touch as he edges closer to recovering from knee ligament damage.
The frontman has been out since scoring in West Ham's 5-3 win over Burnley and with the former Chelsea man predicting a January return to the first team, the England international cannot wait to wear the claret and blue again.
"I really want to focus on West Ham," he said, before explaining his frustration at watching his England rivals finding the net on a regular basis in his absence.
"It doesn't feel good to see these guys scoring all the time.
You may also want to watch:
"But they're all top players and it's what you expect. That's why I was so disappointed when I got injured.
"I think I was seventh (in the scoring charts) before my injury - so I know I've got to work hard to get the problem out the way and come back strong in the second half of the season.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Mulberry tree campaigners to take council to High Court
"It's been my dream to play and score at a World Cup finals since I was little kid. Hopefully, I can keep that dream alive.