West Ham will contest FA charges

West Ham have begun to defend themselves against the four charges the FA hit them with after the trouble in the Carling Cup match against Millwall earlier in the season

West Ham have begun to defend themselves against the four charges the FA hit them with after the trouble in the Carling Cup match against Millwall earlier in the season.

The three day disciplinary hearing started yesterday (Wednesday) at Wembley Stadium and both sides could be forced to play games behind closed doors and hit with heavy fines as a consequence.

Sixty-four fans were arrested and one Millwall fan was stabbed, but the Hammers will contest the charges.

A West Ham spokesman had said: "In advance of the Millwall match, the club followed the strict advice of the police and relevant authorities at every stage of the planning process.


You may also want to watch:


"That full co-operation continued on the night with the club working closely with police on a carefully set-out plan that was initiated and approved by the independent safety advisory group."

Forward Alessandro Diamanti has distanced himself from a move to AC Milan.

Most Read

It had been reported that the Rossoneri were about to make a bid for the Italian, but he has denied that he will leave.

He said: "I know nothing about these stories that I want to go to Milan.

"To be honest they do not even interest me.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus