Lions finish with perfect 10
- Credit: Archant
National League: Haringey 0 Lee Valley 10
Lee Valley Lions ended their Division Two campaign with a crushing derby win at Alexandra Palace.
Nick Alley and Romanas Fedotovas hit hat-tricks in the rout, as James Tipple turned aside 13 shots for the shut out.
And a fifth victory of the season, from 20 outings, allowed Lions to finish their season on a high.
Alley opened the scoring with a powerplay goal in the ninth minute as Racers defenceman Robert Veares served a roughing minor.
You may also want to watch:
Captain James Hepburn doubled the visitors lead soon after, with Matthew Heburn making it 3-0 with another powerplay goal in the last minute of the opening period, while Haringey’s Perry Whitlock and Matt Brown were sidelined.
Jordan Turner added a fourth with just five seconds left before the break and James Hepburn picked up his second just 23 seconds after the restart.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
Fedotovas and Alley added further goals before the midway mark to make it 7-0, before Haringey’s Brown was ejected with a match penalty for spearing.
Ian Shepherd replaced Niks Trapans in the Haringey net for the final period but was beaten twice by Fedotovas, before Alley completed the tallly in the penultimate minute on a delayed penalty call.
Lions: Alley 3+2 Fedotovas 3 J Hepburn 2+2 M Hepburn 1+3 Turner 1 Fox 0+2 Mewett 0+1.
Penalty minutes: Haringey 70 Lions 12.
Shots on goal: Trapans (H, 40:00) 35-7 Shepherd (H, 20:00) 21-3 Tipple (LV) 13-0.