Lions pulled apart by Peterborough
Lee Valley Lions 3 Peterborough Islanders 5
Man of the match Joe Berry was powerless to prevent the Lions’ sixth straight defeat of the season at Lee Valley Ice Centre on Saturday.
Trailing 2-0 after the first period, Lions pulled a goal back when Scott Beeson set up Richard Hodge.
Adam Peach then levelled for the home side, finishing off a pass from Berry.
But chances of a first National League South Two point of the season evaporated after half-time, as Peterborough scored twice in the third period.
You may also want to watch:
Phil Carson reduced the deficit once more for Lions.
But the points were sealed when the Islanders notched a fifth, beating net-minder Aaron Mallet, who faced 48 shots in the match.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel