Lions’ winless run continues
Lee Valley Lions 1 Romford Fury 2
Teenager Michael Crosse scored but finished on the losing side, as Lions winless start to their season continued on Saturday.
In a physical battle at Lee Valley Ice Centre, Lions let a 12th-minute lead slip to make it three games without a win in the new campaign.
Crosse, 17, followed up Adam Peach’s initial shot to net his first goal for the club – on only his second appearance – to give Lions the lead.
Fury came back strongly, but man of the match Aaron Mallet was imperious in goal and Lions skated off with the lead at the end of the first period.
You may also want to watch:
But a double-salvo soon after half-time gave Fury the advantage when Rob Jenner and Mel Bidder both netted in the space of two minutes.
And it was Fury who dominated afterwards, but could find no way past Mallet, who registered 27 saves from Romford’s 67 shots.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
By contrast, Lions only recorded 21 shots and were unable to claim their first win of the season, after recent defeats to Slough and Isle of Wight.
Lions, who are searching for a new import following the departure of utility man Romanas Fedotovas, 30, play Cardiff at the Ice Centre on Saturday at 5.15pm.