Llamas haul themselves to plate success
- Credit: Archant
Millwall seconds come from behind to beat Chelmsford
Millwall seconds, affectionately known as the Llamas, came from behind to defeat Chelmsford 17-10 to lift the Essex Merit Division Three Plate.
The Llamas found themselves 10-0 down after only 20 minutes when the Essex club added a converted try to an earlier penalty.
Despite playing into the wind in the first half Millwall were able to close the gap when Jamie Fitzpatrick scored following a charge down to make it a five-point game at the break.
Fitzpatrick went off early in the second half with a hamstring injury but Millwall drew level through Ben Barlow.
You may also want to watch:
It looked as if the match would end level but with time running out James Anderson touched down for the winning score after a clever backs move created space for him to pop through.
Club chairman Robin Poynder was thrilled the club were able to lift the plate and said it was a victory for the whole club to enjoy.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
“The Llamas win rounds off a strong season for Millwall. The firsts and seconds have been promoted it was great to see silverware coming into the club and is a reward for the exciting attacking play we foster,” he said.